torsdag 26. mars 2015

DENDROPHILIA - LOVE OF TREES

One result of my dead tree obsession period.
I like trees. Alot. Sometimes a bit obsessive. There was a period in my life when I was obsessed with photographing dead trees. Meaning trees that have fallen, broken, cut down, burning or just got old and rottened.

In wikipedia you can read this:

Dendrophilia (paraphilia)

Dendrophilia (or less often arborphilia or dendrophily) literally means "love of trees". The term may sometimes refer to a paraphilia in which people are sexually attracted to or sexually aroused by trees. This may involve sexual contact or veneration as phallic symbols or both.[1]
One such example is Emma Mccabe who has said that she is in love with, and has plans to marry, a poplar tree named Tim.  


I think definately I am dendrophil, cause I love trees. I think of each and everyone of the trees as different individuals - like us humans. They all have their own energy and personality. For me it is very logical and natural. A old big tree would be like an old human -wise, calm and determinded. A small tree is like a child - playful and active. Active meaning it would make alot of seeds, or grow in different ways, get rid of some parts, and grow new for example.  

I have had times when trees have inspired me greatly, like they have inspired millions of people before me. The thing with threes is that they represent life in a great and wise way. We have all heard the "tree of life". 

 

The trees are steady, they have roots, they know where they belong. Their roots in earth give them nutrition. And then they grow up - just like us humans.  They grow their roots deeper and deeper, and on top of the earth they can grow up to be whatever they want to - aiming for the sky.
They survive all kinds of weather. Their trunk is solid, but the grains can do whatever and be flexible. They bend when its windy, and they just stand there and take it. I admire that. They overcome whatever weather is coming at them, cause they are strong and flexible. That is what us humas should aim for to be as well I feel.

  Sometimes when I walk in a forrest I feel the trees watching me. Sometimes it´s scary, but mostly it´s nice. I do have special trees that I go to, and talk to in the forrest. 
 
A few years ago summertime I was walking up to Gárdin Mountainhouse and I had brought my voice-recorder with me. I hadn´t had alot of inspiration for songs in a long time. I had gotten to realise that I needed to go out in nature to find inspiration. After a few hours walking I sat down for a rest. It was just under a birch tree. I sat there for a while and then suddenly I felt very strongly that someone wanted me to sing. It was like hearing "why don´t you sing? we want to hear you sing". 
It was that feeling - that if I don´t sing I am not doing what I am supposed to do. Where did this voice/feeling come from? I felt like it came from the tree I was sitting under. This tree wanted me to sing to it. And I started singing, and I sang to all the trees that I could see there. Just like I used to when I was a child. I sang with the trees as my audience. And I felt that I had a really thankful audience. They appriciated me singing, and I appriciated them encouraging me and the fact that they appriciated me singing. The world changes when music is added to it. And this changed my world. I felt like the whole universe wanted me to sing. It was a great feeling! And this is where some of the songs for Máizan - Thaw album were born. If I don´t remember totally wrong "ija árdna/night treasure" was one of the songs I sang that day for the trees. 

I refuse to believe I am the only one that feels like this about trees. Do you? 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

RSS